Because I’m too lazy to create a tutorial and the Arch Wiki is full of good articles here are some tips and tricks to install Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) on Arch Linux.
- Install plymouth-legacy (at the time time of writing, plymouth is broken) with an XBMC bootsplash for a pretty boot sequence. You will also need KMS for this.
- Improve boot performance with readahead
- Run XBMC on boot with LightDM and autologin
- Don’t forget to install libva-intel-driver if you have an Intel Graphics GPU
- Install samba for connectivity to Windows PC’s
- Install netatalk for connectivity to Apple computers
- Install avahi for Zeroconf support.
- Install polkit to allow XBMC to shut down the computer
I will update this post as soon as I think of more Tips & Tricks